Filed under Recipes
A chicken and white bean chili.
- 1 lb. white beans
- 6 c. chicken broth
- 1 t. chicken stock base
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 6-8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 oz. diced green chilies
- 2-3 t. ground cumin
- 2 t. dried oregano leaves
- 1 t. cayenne pepper
- 4 c. cooked and diced chicken
- 1 c. sour cream
- 3 c. monterey jack cheese, shredded
Soak beans over night to reduce cooking time.
Combine beans, broth, chicken stock, onions, and garlic. Simmer for two hours.
Add chilies, cumin, oregano, pepper, and chicken. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Add sour cream and cheese. Head until cheese melts.