Filed under Dealing with People, Fun, General, Health, a little about life
I was finally able to go skiing last night. Huzzah. This brings my all time total ski trips to six, hence the two hands thing. For my sixth trip and that I have not skied in two years, I was pretty excited about my progress. I was weaving and curving with the best of them and my confidence is getting better. James even told me I should run a Black Diamond – nah, next time.
Conditions reminded me of late March. Old, packed snow. Lines were very short, we never had to wait more than 15 seconds.
How about some stats?
- About three hours – just after 6:00-9:00.
- 15-20 runs.
- $15. Meadows has super special deals after 6:00 or something.
- Five crashes including the two below.
- One yard sale. Skies off, 20 feet apart and 30 feet behind me. Poles off. Boats unbuckled. Snow in pants. Six inch wide, three feet long, and four inch deep hole, 15 feet behind me.
- One failed lift entrance. Some snowboarder tried to join James and I on the four person lift. He took about three of the spots. My attempt to give him more room failed when I noticed the lift railing between my legs. Adjusting back found myself face first in the snow under the lift. Stupid snowboarders.
A good night, a good night.