Filed under General, Payroll, a little about life
Yep, that is right. I got a job. I started, well, yesterday.
I will be on the web/API/Web Service team, creating and maintaining the tools and various user facing apps. The other half of the team works on the data collection/validation process.
Conducive is a small company; I am about number 18 with options to add maybe five next year. It is located right downtown Portland. I am pretty excited about my options here.
- They are profitable, VC backed, stable, and an industry leader.
- I love product development (as opposed to service development) – always have. I am just more passionate about what I am creating.
- Flight Stats is a pretty big site. Page views and hits are measured in the many millions. This is a huge upgrade from many thousands. By this time next year, that number will be close to 50mm.
- In addition to having many visitors, the site is planned to go into multiple international markets.
- Much less structure allows me to have flex hours and making my own hours really.
- The commute to downtown Portland is about four times longer than the 20 blocks I did before. We will see how this goes.
- I am now an engineer where I had been an architect for the last year and a half. This I saw coming. When I moved into my architect position, I knew I would not be able to maintain it if I left Formos. Nobody would hire somebody so young into an architect spot, rather one needs to be promoted to it.
- Being an engineer and at a product based company, there will be little client facing interaction. This had been a large portion of my work at Formos.
With five weeks of doing nothing, I am very eager to get back to it. Here we go.